I’ve been home for a little while, and too busy catching up with family and eating lots of food I didn’t make to write anything. There was an amazing Brooklyn blackout cake, courtesy of my Mama, made for a cousin’s birthday, but I was too busy eating it to remember to take a picture. Foolish.
Things I’ve loved about summer:
- Having time away in the Eden valley. The vegetable garden, lots of long walks, even if we got chased by a crazy bullock into a river.
- Visiting Alnwick gardens with the family on a gorgeous Bank holiday Monday.
- Getting excited about decorating a new flat.
- Festival crazy time, though it was exhausting, it was fun.
- My best friend in the whole world getting engaged – SO exciting.
- Watching all of the first 4 seasons of Buffy the vampire slayer in a very short space of time. Bring on season 5.
- Finishing my first actual knitted garment.
- Being inspired to do lots more crafty things. Next project, a patchwork throw for my bed.
Apologies for the large number of photos. These are mostly pre-blog, and I had to get them out there somewhere. Plus, I’m snap happy. All are taken with a hipstamatic for iphone, and I’m stuck in a rut with lens choice so they all look the same. I’m trying to start using instagram, but I’m enjoying it less. All suggestions welcome.